In part 1 of The Free Kick Radio Show’s Funding Drive specials, Clara-Swan was joined in conversation and musical selections by the extended family of the International Radio Report: Sheldon Harvey, David Asselin, Janice Law, Tamara Filyavich and Stephane St-Onge. Big thanks for the entertaining banter, a rarity for the FKRS, but we got to know some of our familiar voices just a little bit better. Listen back for a special guest appearance by an old friend, too!
It is funding drive and there are many reasons to contribute financially to the continued success of volunteer-driven, independent community radio. In addition to the warm, fuzzy feeling you’ll get for contributing, you can get cds, t-shirts and/or tote bags, and a chance to win one of our many grand prizes. You can call 514-907-9424 or navigate to the ckut website to make your contribution.
In addition to the swag you can get for your contribution, a special gift is also being offered by Spike Taylor from Harmonist Piano Services for a donation of $120 or more: one complimentary piano tuning! First come, first serve — à qui la chance!
Be sure to tune in next week for a special in-studio performance by Gens Chrétiens!
- Roland Kirk – Left and Right – Black Mystery Has Been Revealed
- Wendy Carlos – The Well-Tempered Synthesizer – Handel: Water Music – Allegro Deciso
- Autistici – HMMM Remix Compilation – A Carving from 10 Lips
- Raymond Scott – Manhattan Research, Inc. – “Limbo: The Organized Mind”
- Stuart Staples – Lucky Dog Recordings 03–04 – Say Something Now
- Tom Waits – Big Time – Telephone Call from Istanbul
- Jack Bruce (RIP) – Songs for a Tailor – Tickets to the Water Falls
- Bonzo Dog Band – The Doughnut In Granny’s Greenhouse – Bang Bang (Studio Outtake)
- The Tallest Man on Earth – Wild Hunt – Love is All
- Trampled by Turtles – Wild Animals – Are You Behind the Shining Star?
- Leadbelly – Absolutely The Best – Gallis Pole
- Nirvana – Unplugged – Jesus Doesn’t Want Me For A Sunbeam
- The Paragons (RIP, John Holt) – The Tide Is High: Anthology 1962-1979 – The Tide Is High
- Lou Reed – New York – Halloween Parade
- TALKOVER MUSIC:Dan Gibson’s Solitudes – Oceansurf – Rolling Surf on a Pebbled Beach/Sweeping the Sandy Shore